I have been trying to find a good article that teaches us about the skills that we need to develop to be a good programmer. Guess what? I spent more than two hours searching for the article, hoping to get something readable ,with no luck.
Most articles are a mile long while some have nothing to offer. After browsing through the internet, I decided to do something by myself in such a way that you don't even need 2 min to know how to be a good programmer.
Here is my summary:
1. Decide which language you want to begin with.
2. Believe in yourself, whatever language you have chosen is the best programming language to begin with. I chose python because it is super easy for beginners.
3. Buy an introductory programming book related to that language.
4. Read all the book like a novel.
5. Read the book again but try to know how the example codes given in the book works.
6. Imitate the code in a piece of paper.
7. Get a laptop and install a compiler.
8. Try to work on the example codes.
9. Do exercise.
10. Do not worry about the syntax.(Most people try to memorize the syntax. Memorizing make coding a difficult task. Just know the concept and practice.)
11. Grab a cup of coffee and relax.
12. Two words: WORK HARD.