What is touch typing?
According to Wikipedia,"Touch typing is typing without using the sense of sight to find the keys.Specifically, a touch typist will know their location on the keyboard through muscle memory.Touch typing typically involves placing the eight fingers in a horizontal row along the middle of the keyboard ( home row) and having them reach for other keys."
Why is touch typing important?
1. You can type a paper quickly and save tons of time for other works.It means, touch typing increases efficiency.
2. It will be easier for you to take notes on class.
3. Various jobs require typing skill.
4. Faster typing skill builds confidence.
5. When you type fast you think fast.
6. If you are a programming students, you can focus more on a lecture.
How do I learn touch Typing?
The best way to learn to type is to practice it. You can play different typing games available on the internet or write a blog or a paper every day. There are various websites that teach touch typing. Some of them are listed below.
a. Typing IO
b. Typing Club.
c. Typing Study
d. Key Boarding